SMCCCD is committed to protecting the health and well-being of students, faculty, staff, administrators, and the communities we serve, as well as maintaining higher education access and attainment for our students. We embrace a comprehensive strategy designed to reduce the likelihood of transmission of the COVID-19 virus.
In light of the evidence established to date regarding the safety and effectiveness of available COVID-19 vaccines, the District requires full vaccination against COVID-19 for:
- all District employees who access campuses, the District office, District facilities, and/or participate in off-site work in-person for the District;
- all students attending classes, programs, utilizing services or participating in any activity on any campus (verification will begin November 2021).
Individuals may request an exemption due to verified medical or religious reasons (as defined in federal or state policy). Those who qualify as exempt are subject to other safety measures in accordance with Cal/OSHA regulations and public health safety measures.
Ready to get Vaccinated? You Have Options:
Free drive-thru COVID-19 vaccination pop-up clinics will be available for the benefit of the entire SMCCCD community! The clinics will be hosted at College of San Mateo throughout the rest of the semester.
Make an appointment!
- Visit myturn.ca.gov
- Click on “Make an Appointment”
- When asked for address, enter “College of San Mateo”
Details to know about the pop-up clinics:
- Open to all SMCCCD students, employees, and community members
- Reservations preferred but no one turned away
- Pfizer and Johnson & Johnson vaccines available
- 12-17 years old: parental permission required through registration process
- Face coverings required
Check out our website for more information on getting the vaccine.