The Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society is the largest honor society in American higher education. The officers of the Skyline College chapter, Beta Theta Omicron, have been all over campus this semester, encouraging students to commit to complete their college education. Officers, including current Chapter President Elizabeth Gochez, invite all students to sign the Commit to Complete pledge (below), and hundreds of Skyline College students have signed the Commit to Complete banner thus far. Signing activities include a “graduation” photo opportunity with Skyline College President Dr. Stanback Stroud, to provide a memory of their goal.
The purpose of the pledge is to provide all students the opportunity to set, maintain, and achieve a goal, all while facilitating a higher completion success rate for Skyline College’s student population. The Commit to Complete banner and our ‘Dr. Stanback Stroud’ were most recently available at Club Rush.
Anyone interested in more information about Beta Theta Omicron or the Commit to Complete pledge should visit the Beta Theta Omicron webpage.
- I commit to planning for college completion.
- I commit to discussing career planning with college instructors and staff.
- I commit to seeking advisement on course selection to ensure timely college completion.
- I commit to learning about and using college support networks and resources aiding college completion.
- I commit to serving as a role model by attending classes, being prepared, and participating in discussions with instructors and students inside and outside of class.
- I commit to reaching out to students in need by encouraging, nurturing, and guiding them toward college completion.
- I commit to helping at least one other student succeed.
Article by Christine Case.