The Poetry Corner series of virtual readings is pleased to present “Words Changing Worlds: Activist Poetry” next Friday, February 26 from 2:00-4:00pm. All members of our community are welcome to share their own works – or poems by others – on the theme of activism. Poetry Club president Hilary Mejia Cruz and Skyline College faculty will lead the afternoon’s discussion. Invite a friend for what promises to be an inspiring, insightful Friday afternoon! Register here: tinyurl.com/WordsChangingWorlds
In collaboration with our campus and community partners, the Library is also excited to announce a host of other virtual programs this month and next. Mark your calendars for film screenings, additional poetry readings, discussions, and more. You’ll receive details by email in advance of each event.
- Black History Month: belonging @ Skyline College: fostering a culture of place
Wednesday, February 24: 1:00pm – 1:45pm
- Poetry Corner: Words Changing Worlds: Activist Poetry
Friday, February 26, 2:00- 4:00pm
Language Arts and Skyline College Poetry Club
- AIDS Memorial Quilt Virtual Display
All month: https://guides.skylinecollege.edu/LibraryEvents/AIDSMemorialQuilt
- Open Education Week
Week of March 1-6
Center for Transformative Teaching & Learning (CTTL)
- Poetry Corner: Ecofeminism
Thursday, March 18
Language Arts, Skyline College Poetry Club, San Mateo County Poet Laureate
- Real News vs. Fake News Tuesday, March 23: More information coming soon.
- AIDS Memorial Quilt Virtual Display All month: https://guides.skylinecollege.edu/LibraryEvents/AIDSMemorialQuilt
Questions? Interested in bringing your class to an event or offering credit to your students? Please contact Pia Walawalkar, Equity and Outreach Librarian <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
Article by Jessica Silver-Sharp