At the April 2016 California Community Council for Staff and Organizational Development (4C/SD) Annual Conference, organization members elected Instructional Technologist, Ricardo Flores, to serve a one-year term on the 4C/SD Executive Board, and Nina L. Floro, Professional Development Coordinator/Professor, was re-elected for another two-year term.
The California Community College Council for Staff and Organizational Development serves as a strong advocate for state funding to assist California Community Colleges’ implementation of staff/professional development programs. Additionally, 4C/SD is an organization that provides training, resources, and networking opportunities for staff development professionals of the California Community Colleges. The many functions and services 4C/SD provides include, but are not limited to:
- promoting leadership in staff/faculty, program, and organizational development;
- education for the staff/professional developers regarding the principles of staff and organizational development;
- training in developing, implementing, and evaluating effective staff/professional development programs;
- regional and statewide workshops and conferences;
- serving as a liaison between the State Chancellor’s office and the colleges regarding staff/professional development issues and serves as an advocate for staff/professional development concerns.
Along with six other 4C/SD Executive Board members from various community colleges throughout California, Ricardo and Nina will begin the 2016-2017 term effective August 2016 when they attend a kick-off meeting in Los Angeles.
Article by Nina L. Floro