The TRiO Student Support Services (SSS) is a special program designed to help Skyline College students shine. “SSS” helps historically marginalized student populations to overcome social and cultural barriers to higher education. Degree and transfer-bound first-generation students, those on financial assistance, as well as students receiving disability resources from the DRC are highly encouraged to apply to Skyline College’s TRiO Program. TRiO-SSS services include:
- Personalized counseling/tutoring;
- Opportunity to win $1000 grant aid scholarship;
- Priority course registration;
- Leadership Development and Service Learning Opportunities with our TRiO Ambassadors—including a service project day with the SF Food Bank (April 3rd)
- Myriad of career related workshops and events—including trips to Electronic Arts, DreamWorks Studios, Resume Writing, Interview Strategies;
- A wide assortment of financial aid and transfer-related resources;
- Experiential learning—such as personal statement workshops, College Navigator online college search tool, visits to UC Berkeley, Stanford University, UC Davis, Cal Poly-SLO, Sonoma State, SF State, Santa Clara University
- Cultural-appreciation activities—including spoken word, poetry slams, pot lucks
- National TRiO Day academic exposition on February 21, including college fair, a college keynote address by TRiO Alumnus Honorable Councilman Michael Tubbs …. And much more!
Please encourage eligible students to apply immediately, as space within the program is limited. TRiO applications are available in the Learning Center in Building 5, Room 5100 or on our website www.skylinecollege.edu/trio.
For more information, please contact Judith Cheung at firstname.lastname@example.org, call 650-738-4144, or visit in person in Building 5, inside the Learning Center.
Article by Arash Daneshzadeh, TRiO Director