As the result of the Congress sequestration the Skyline College’s TRiO SSS project budget was reduced by 5.23% or $26,000. This has impact the project’s ability to provide activities and events intended to expand our 330 first generation, low income students worldview. Many of our students have never had the opportunity to visit a museum, visit a college campus, see a play, or attend a student conference—this is what Congress eliminated by its inaction!
The TRiO SSS project has taken a proactive response to fundraise $1500. TRiO SSS students, faculty and staff have assembled an amazing group of gifts for a drawing. The gifts include the following:
• 2 tickets to the December 1, 2013 San Francisco 49ers and St. Louis Rams a $200 value!
• ASUS Memo Pad donated by the Skyline Bookstore
• 2 $25 gift certificates to JoAnn Café in SSF
• Family Night-Out Special for Six at the Sea Bowl in Pacifica includes two hours of bowling, rental shoes, pizza and soda
• 1 VIP Skyline College Parking permit for any lot Spring 2014 semester
• 2 Guest passes to the Roccapulco Salsa Club in SF
• Skyline College Cosmetology Spa Pack gift certificate
• Skyline College Cosmetology Day of Beauty gift certificate
• $25 gift certificate to Estrada’s Fine Mexican and Caribbean Cuisine in Daly City
Your DONATION of $10 – $20 will support campus visits, cultural activities, and other special events. Tickets are available in Building 5 ASK FOR JUDY. The drawing will be November 22, 2013 at 12:00 p.m. in the Learning Center. You do not need to be present at the drawing to receive a prize.
Article By Raymond Jones.