Here are some of the highlights:
- The CSU Application opened on October 1 and several workshops and drop-in hours were overflowing with students seeking assistance on their applications.
- On October 20, the Transfer Center hosted its annual Transfer Day event with over 40 colleges and 300 students attending
- On the same day, Skyline College had its first Alma Mater Day of the year with numerous faculty and staff showing their Alma Mater pride!
- On the same day, UCLA hosted a well-attended admissions presentation to prospective students
- SFSU’s Doris Fendt facilitated a well-attended, informative “Applying to SFSU’s Nursing Program” workshop so current and future applicants could get current and detailed information on the nursing application process
- The UC Transfer Admissions Guarantee Program cycle was completed on October 15, with 92 students applying for TAGs, the highest number in recent years
- A UC Davis representative hosted the workshop “Turning a UC Degree into a Career”
- 31 classroom presentations were conducted through the Transfer Center, which raised awareness of application season, events and programs available to over 874 students
November 30 was the deadline for UC and CSU applications and the Transfer Center partnered with our campus community to reach all of our Fall 2015 applicants by encouraging them to attend as many of the hosted events as needed.
A few highlights:
- In collaboration with the Learning Center, 4 Personal Statement Workshops were hosted
- Faculty and staff across divisions signed up to review personal statements. Through the Transfer Center’s drop-in days, over 50 students had their personal statements reviewed
- On the last drop-in day, Tuesday, November 25th, 63 students got help on their CSU or UC application during the 4 hour drop in period- a record number!
- Overall, for October and November, over 200 students received application assistance!
A huge thanks to the collective effort of our campus community for supporting our students, directly, through promotion, or participation in our activities! We could not have done it without such a strong culture of transfer on our campus!
Article by Suzanne Poma | Photos by Michele Haggar