The Career Services Center completed three successful Job Fairs over the last two weeks.
On April 29, the Career Services Center, in partnership with the CA Employment Development Department, hosted 44 employers and 18 Community Partners at Skyline College for the San Mateo Community Resource and Job Fair. The event was a great success with over 300 participants, special thanks to the Faculty and Staff that helped to promote this community event to students!
Participating Employers Included:
- Accounting Principals
- Adecco Inc
- Ajilon Professional Staffing
- AlliedBarton Security Services
- Banana Republic
- California Conservation Corps
- Doubletree San Francisco Airport North
- DoubleTree/Embassy Suites SFO hotels
- Durham School Services
- La Boulange
- La Casa de las Madres
- Landmark Event Staffing
- Life Steps Foundation
- Lunardi’s Market
- Mad Science of the Bay Area
- New Door Ventures
- Outreach Concepts Shuttle Service
- Patelco Credit Union
- Philz Coffee
- Pier 1 Imports
- Rolling Stock
- San Francisco Police Department
- San Francisco’s International Airport
- Securitas Security Services USA, Inc.
- Select Staffing
- Solar City
- Sprint Corporate
- State Farm
- Susie Cakes Bakery
- Three Bells Of Montara
- UCSF – Administrative Services Staffing
- United Airlines
- United States Postal Service
- Wells Fargo
- Western ECI
On May 6 the Career Services Center in collaboration with the Early Childhood Education Department, hosted the 1st Summer Camp Career Fair for students interested primarily in summer employment. Opportunities included positions as a Summer Camp Leader, Life Guard, Youth Leader, Teacher, and Environmental Conservationist.
Participating employers included:
- Bright Horizons
- Community Gatepath
- Galileo Learning
- Life Steps Foundation, Inc.
- Melodic Remedy Dance Studio
- Mid-Peninsula Boys & Girls Club
- Play-Well TEKnologies
- Randstad USA
- Real Options for City Kids (R.O.C.K.)
- Student Conservation Association (SCA)
- Steam Kids
- Steve & Kate’s Camp
- The Student Conservation Association
- Urban Sitter
Also on May 6, the Career Services Center partnered with Jefferson Adult School which offered their first site-based Job Fair. Each of these employment initiatives was met with great participation and success!
Special thanks to all our campus and community partners!!
Article and photo by Lezra Chenportillo