- New interactive e-boards offering a range of great features are available to all onsite library users. One mobile e-board is first come first served; the other can be reserved by students (clubs, study groups, etc.) by selecting Study Room 5202 up to one week in advance.
- Everyone in the Skyline College community now has access to OneSearch, our District’s new library search platform. Be sure to ask a librarian if you have questions or need help!
- All 47 student computers have been replaced with new CPUs and monitors.
- Students can check out chromebooks for one week (extended from three days), any time during the semester.
- The Library’s instructional classroom now has laptops for a more flexible teaching and learning environment.
- 25 mobile hotspots with unlimited data will be available for students to check out beginning February 15, 2020.
The Library is also pleased to remove the following barriers:
- Students no longer need library cards to check out books or use electronic sources from off-campus.
- Overdue fines for books in the Library’s circulating collection have been eliminated.
Look forward to more changes planned throughout spring 2020! Questions? Contact Gabriela Nocito, Learning Commons Director, email@example.com.
Article by Jessica Silver-Sharp | Photo by Athena Nazario