Our College District is embarking on a strategic planning process this semester that will be concluded in the spring. The initial strategy session will be held at Skyline College on Tuesday, September 30 at 2:00 p.m. This new process provides us with an opportunity to consider environmental trends that affect us; analyze student, demographic and workforce data; consider the changes the Colleges have experienced in recent years; and address the challenges we face ahead. Your involvement is both requested and critical in this strategic planning effort.
Early this semester, the District Strategic Planning Council heard from our planning consultant, Dr. Rick Voorhees, about options and alternatives for strategic planning. The process, endorsed by the Strategic Planning Council, puts the District on a “fast track” and will conclude with a written plan for review by all members of the campus community in late April. The process includes strategy sessions at each College at which the data and information produced as part of this process will be considered. Your participation and input are solicited. You will hear more about this process during the year; listed below is a preliminary calendar for the process:
- Tuesday, September 30 at 2:00 p.m.: Initial Strategy Session at Skyline College to review Planning Assumptions, Environmental Scan and other documents
- October: Environmental Scan, Planning Assumptions and other information reviewed and posted to webpage
- November/ December: Review internal and external data with Strategic Planning Taskforce
- December: Internal and external strategy sessions (external data). Dates and times to be announced.
- Early February: Internal and external strategy sessions. Dates and times to be announced.
- Late March: Internal and external strategy sessions (preliminary goals and strategies). Dates and times to be announced.
- Late April: Draft strategic plan ready for review
- Early May: Feedback finalized. Final plan delivered
You are invited to attend the Initial Strategy Session on Tuesday, September 30, from 2:00 – 4:00 p.m. in Room 6202-6206 at Skyline College where we will review the strategic planning process, planning assumptions and the draft environmental scan.
Your insights, ideas and vision will help us develop a data-driven strategic plan that will allow the College District and its stakeholders to meet the challenges ahead.
If you have any questions, or would like additional information, please contact Aaron McVean, Dean of Planning, Research and Institutional Effectiveness at office phone (650) 738-4454, mobile phone (530) 318-6117 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.