On March 24, 2018, the Skyline College Athletic Hall of Fame enshrined 12 new inductees. This distinguished group of female athletes included:
- Dorene Bauuino; Women’s Volleyball, 1984-1986
- Kristen Gracia; Women’s Cross Country and Softball, 1995-1997
- Stephanie Cheung; Women’s Badminton, 2003-2005
- Marie Colón-Perez; Women’s Basketball, 2006-2008
- Jan Fosberg; Student-Athlete and Coach, 1980 – Present
- Graiela “Gina” Gomez; Women’s Badminton, 2003-2005
- Veronica Hodge; Women’s Track and Field, 1987-1991
- Kelly Huey; Women’s Basketball, 2010-2012
- Tricia Sanford; Women’s Badminton, Softball and Volleyball, 1999-2003
- Midori Sims; Women’s Soccer, 2009-2011
- Catherine Stelling; Women’s Softball, 1989-1992
- Marie Torres; Women’s Soccer, 2008-2010
The Skyline College Athletic Hall of Fame was established in 1985 and, with this class of inductees, has 125 members.
The Hall of Fame is physically located on the bottom floor of Building 3. The criteria for induction into the Skyline College Hall of Fame are the recommendation of a current or former staff member, distinctive athletic achievement, distinctive academic achievement and exemplary representation of Skyline College. For staff members, the requirements are the recommendation of a current or former staff member, distinctive achievement, meritorious service to the athletic program and exemplary representation of Skyline College.
With over 150 family and community members in attendance, each inductee was recognized, awarded a plaque and spoke about their experiences and opportunities at Skyline College. It was an outstanding group of inductees and an evening they will long remember.
For a full listing of Skyline College Athletic Hall of Fame inductees, please visit the Skyline Athletic Website.
Article by Joe Morello | Photo by Kevin Perez