Do you know a student who has encountered unanticipated financial barriers such as catastrophic losses, natural disasters, the onset of a major illness or injury, change in dependent status or loss of income that have created financial hardship over the course of the past 6 months? If so, Phi Theta Kappa has a potential solution. The Oberndorf Lifeline to Completion Scholarship assists Phi Theta Kappa members in overcoming unanticipated financial barriers that prevent the completion of a student’s first college credential, an associate degree or certificate, while enrolled in the two-year college. Applications are currently being accepted now through October 31, 2014! Up to ten (10) one-time $1,000 Oberndorf Lifeline to Completion Scholarships will be awarded.
Please share this message with students and encourage them to apply for this impactful scholarship opportunity to help overcome financial barriers, as an award of this magnitude can help students reduce the amount of out-of-pocket funding necessary to finance their education and complete their certificate or associate degree.
• Phi Theta Kappa member
• 3.0 GPA or above
• 45 semester credits or more
• Student must graduate within 18 months from the time of application
• At the time of application, the student must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 semester credit hours
• Open to part-time, full-time and international students
• Must not hold a previously earned associate or bachelor’s degree
• Documented hardship incurred over the past 6 months
Deadline: Friday, October 31, 2014
For more information about the Oberndorf Lifeline to Completion Scholarship or to apply, please visit http://www.ptk.org/oberndorf.
Article by Christine Case