The Peer Mentoring Program at Skyline College is designed to help students ease the adjustment to college life and achieve their short and long-term goals! Our peer mentors are trained to facilitate academic and personal success for their fellow students by helping them:
- Explore and connect to Skyline College services
- Set goals and develop strategies to succeed in classes
- Improve time management, organization and study skills
- Build a support network and get involved on campus
- Navigate online resources and systems (Canvas, WebSMART, WebSCHEDULE, etc.)
Peer Mentors are excellent resources for information about Skyline College programs and services. Our mentors meet with students one-on-one to discuss challenges they may be facing, create strategies to overcome their challenges and set goals to help them succeed. Our Peer Mentors facilitated over 150 mentor/mentee meetings in Fall 2019.
Students can request to meet with a Peer Mentor by completing the online Peer Mentor Service Request Form, or stop by Building 5, Room 5-110 in the Learning Center.
Article by Raymon Gutierrez | Photo by Mario Guzman