Skyline College is excited to unveil our new public event calendar!
This online calendar, implemented districtwide through a vendor called LiveWhale, will allow the campus community to easily list our events for students and the public.
Submit your events!
You can start submitting events now via the online submission form, available on the front page of the calendar. Training is not required. If you have any questions, check out the FAQ to help navigate the process. For questions not addressed in the FAQ, please contact Becky Threewit.
Useful features of the new event submission process include:
- The event submission form is easy to fill out (no longer buried in Ad Astra)
- Submit once to set up a recurring event (i.e., every Tuesday and Thursday)
- Robust details sections for your events
- Provide a short overview for the main calendar, and include full details on your event page
- Set your event location as online, in-person, or hybrid, and include direct links to online registration or meetings
Useful features of the calendar include:
- Have a lot of events? Create a calendar specific to your group, and display all or some events on the Skyline College calendar. For an example, check out the Athletics Calendar
- Curated calendar widgets can be placed on web pages: see the homepage for an example!
- If you have your calendar already set up for the semester on another platform, we can display it in the Livewhale format and link it into the Skyline calendar
- Filters and search terms help users easily find what they’re looking for on the calendar
- Easily share your events with options to copy a link or share through Facebook, Twitter, or email
Provide your Feedback!
This is a new system, and as such, we’ll need to make improvements as we go along. We welcome your suggestions and feedback!
Article by Aria Frangos