1) Create community and a sense of identify within each of the Meta Majors
2) Provide opportunities for students to explore career options and skills needed in each of the Meta Majors and
3) Connect students to resources that exist on campus that can support their educational goals.
Faculty and staff will be hosting a variety of opportunities throughout the week for students to explore each of the Meta Majors as well as career exploration opportunities that will benefit all students. You can help support students and make the events successful by:
- Encouraging students to attend Meta Majors Week events
- Raising awareness by talking with students about Meta Majors and designing an assignment or activity to explore the Meta Majors in your class or program and
- Bringing students to Meet Your Meta Major Fair (Thursday from 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.)
Students can enter to win a prize at each of the events. Calendar of events is attached here. More information on Meta Majors Week can be found on the website by visiting skylinecollege.edu/metamajors. Look for daily updates with descriptions of events.
If you have any questions, please contact Carla Grandy at firstname.lastname@example.org or (650) 738-7918.
Article by Carla Grandy