Skyline College students, faculty and staff now have full complimentary access to NYTimes.com and NYT mobile apps, thanks to our school-wide subscription through the Library. NYTimes.com covers a variety of topics with unsurpassed quality and depth through breaking news articles, blogs, videos and interactive features. In addition, you will be able to share content on social networks, save articles of interest, subscribe to email newsletters and set up personalized alerts. Your access to NYTimes.com is available from any location, on or off campus.
To activate your pass for free access to NYTimes.com, please make sure you are connected to our school network on campus and visit http://nytimes.com/grouppass and follow the simple instructions. Once activated, your Pass will provide access to NYTimes.com from any location and mobile devices.
The Library will offer hands-on NYTimes.com workshops on the following dates:
- Wed, April 26, 1-2pm (Library Lab, 5200A with Eric Brenner)
- Wed, May 3, 4-5pm (Library Lab, 5200A with Pearl Ly)
- Thurs, May 11, 12:30-1:30pm (Library Lab, 5200A with Eric Brenner)
Workshop outcomes include:
- Register for a NYTimes.com account
- Be able to find, access, and share NYTimes.com articles and videos
- Learn about various features within NYTimes.com for faculty including The Learning Network
The Library encourages you to take advantage of this opportunity and to contact a Reference Librarian if you need assistance http://skylinecollege.edu/library/askalibrarian.php
Article written by Pearl Ly