The Skyline College Learning Commons was remodeled over Winter Break to improve physical spaces for students and staff. The Learning Commons merges the functions of the Library and the Learning Center into a technology enriched, collaborative academic support resource for student success. The main updates included:
- All student, tutor, and staff chairs were replaced
- A conference room (5-115) was converted into two rooms for Supplemental Instruction (SI)
- The Honors Transfer Program was relocated into the Learning Center area
- New, ergonomic workspaces created in library circulation and administration area
- Textbook reserve collection was relocated closer to check out desk
Please come and visit our new spaces and let us know what you think.
Article by Pearl Ly