The Center for Transformative Teaching and Learning (CTTL) is pleased to introduce a new collection of books for instructors.
CTTL has partnered with the Skyline Library to establish a new library collection that currently includes 45 books to support your exploration of best practices in teaching and learning.
We understand that teaching and learning is in a constant state of change, making it difficult for instructors to stay well informed of a wide variety of best practices and current issues in education. Instructors are bombarded with new and ongoing education jargon; student-centered, active learning, equity across the curriculum; intrinsic motivation, formative assessment, OER, and the list goes on. Where should one begin their search for understanding the current best practices in teaching and learning? Wikipedia? We hope not! Google Search? Good luck with that search!
The CTTL Library Collection is available for faculty and staff to begin their search for best practices in teaching and learning, and a place to understand current issues in curriculum and content delivery. The following is a partial list of books available for checkout from the CTTL Library Collection with your Skyline College library card (or Peninsula Library System card).
- Collaborative Learning Techniques by Cross, Barkley, & Major
- Active Learning: A Practical Guide for College Faculty (Weimer)
- Classroom Assessment Techniques: A Handbook for College Teachers (Angelo/Cross)
- Student Engagement Techniques: A Handbook for College Faculty (Barkley)
- Creating Significant Learning Experiences: An Integrated Approach to Designing College Courses (Revised and Updated) (Fink)
- How Learning Works: Seven Research-Based Principles for Smart Teaching (Ambrose et al.)
- Civic Engagement in Higher Education: Concepts and Practices (Ehrlich)
- Assessing Campus Diversity Initiatives: A Guide for Campus Practitioners
- Teaching for Critical Thinking: Tools and Techniques to Help Students Question Their Assumptions (Brookfield)
- Design for How People Learn (2nd Edition) (Voices That Matter) (Dirksen)
- A New Way: Introducing Higher Education to Professional Learning Communities at Work (Eaker, Sells)
- Best Practices for Teaching with Emerging Technologies (Pacansky-Brock)
- Classroom Instruction that Works: Research- Based Strategies for Increasing Student Achievement (Marzano, Pickering, Pollock)
- Essentials of Online Course Design: A Standards-Based Guide (Essentials of Online Learning) 2nd Edition
- Creating Innovators: The Making of Young People who will Change the World (Wagner)
Visit the CTTL (Building 1, Room 311F), and check out the items in our new collection. Have questions, contact the CTTL at email@example.com.
Article by Jim Houpis & Bianca Rowden-Quince