The Equity Institute of Skyline College is thrilled to announce the first level of the Equity Academy Reimagined launching in October 2022! The Equity Academy Level 1: Fundamentals of Equity is a fully online 4-week professional development opportunity for individuals and teams to baseline concepts, interrogate data and map implementation strategy to advance the equity-centered work at their respective institutions. The course is informed by anti-racist and anti-sexist pedagogies and practices rooted in social justice frameworks providing participants the opportunity to engage in facilitated activities and discussions.
The Equity Academy course is designed to be completed asynchronously, providing flexibility for working professionals to complete the training at their own convenience and pace. Each week, participants will spend 2-3 hours reviewing, exploring, and engaging the online learning activities, videos and readings for the week. They will also get the chance to come together virtually twice a week for a 1-hour facilitated dialogue that will build social support and ensure meaningful connection and interaction.
Participants will learn:
Fundamentals in Equity
- Examine your understandings of racial equity, capitalism, and white supremacy
The Necessity for Equity
- Examine your role in developing the knowledge, competency, and skillset to become an equity-informed practitioner
Equity as an Element of Social Justice
- Examine your role in perpetuating and/or disrupting systems of oppression in your personal and professional settings
Developing an Equity Mindset
- Examine the shifts in mindset that have been most challenging to address
- Unpack personal bias and privilege with a goal to address challenges and opportunities for advancing justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion
Once participants complete Level 1 of the Equity Academy, they will be able to enroll in the next levels of training. Level 2 focuses on developing an equity-mindset and strategic capacity, while Level 3 focuses on becoming an equity practitioner. Each respective level earns participants a certificate of completion to signify the authenticity and merit of their equity training as well as a digital badge that they can use on social media.
Additional details forthcoming, but feel free to contact email@example.com with any questions!