The Extended Opportunity Program & Services (EOPS) Program is currently accepting students into the program for the Spring 2016 semester. Please encourage students to apply as soon as possible as space is limited!
What is EOPS?
EOPS is a support and service program designed to improve access and retention for low income, educationally disadvantaged students. EOPS services extend over and above what is available to the general student population.
Who Is Eligible?
To be eligible for EOPS, students must:
- Be a California resident (AB 540/California Dream Act students are welcome to apply!),
- Be enrolled full-time (12 units or more),
- Have completed fewer than 70 degree applicable units,
- Apply for FAFSA, federal financial aid and/or qualify for BOGFW A or B
- Be ‘educationally disadvantaged,’ including, but not limited to, placement in basic skills Math/English
What Services Does EOPS Offer?
- Academic, Career, and Personal Counseling
- Priority registration
- Book grant/voucher service
- Academic planning and Transfer assistance
- UC/CSU application fee waiver
- University visits
- School supplies, calculator and SMART Pen loan program
The EOPS Program is located in Building 2, Second floor. EOPS applications are available in the EOPS office and on our website at http://www.skylinecollege.edu/eops/index.php.
For additional questions, please contact Jessica Lopez, EOPS Counselor/Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Article by Jessica Lopez | Photo by Sydni Walker