Parents, teachers, school staff, students and community members are invited to a conference on public education sponsored by education unions from the Jefferson Elementary, Jefferson Union High School & San Mateo Community College Districts on Saturday March 19, 2016.
Attend for a half-day of inspiration & information about our schools.
- 7:45-8:40 – Registration + coffee and light breakfast
- 8:40-8:45 – Welcome
- 8:45- 9:45 – Keynote speaker, Jeff Duncan-Andrade: High school teacher, SFSU Ethnic Studies professor, author & social justice activist.
- 9:45-10:15 – Q & A with Andrade
- 10:15-12:25 – 14 breakout sessions (2 sets of 50 min. each_
- Tentative topics include: Behavior Management _home & school,) Understanding Common Core Standards, School Choice & Enrollment in JUHSD, Restorative Justice/Combatting Student Suspensions, Transition to Community College, College Support Services for Student Success, Key Community Issues in North San Mateo County
- 12:40-1:00 – Entertainment & ending keynote speaker Josh Pechthalt, President of California Federation of Teachers
- 1:00-1:15 – Raffle! Certificate of Professional Growth for 5 hours, evaluations & thank yous
Register at: www.AFT1481.org/SchoolsOurChildrenDeserve