During the summer 2016, the Center for International Trade Development (CITD) which is part of Global Learning Programs and Services developed and expanded Curriculum and Program Offerings in an effort to expand the reach of the Global Trade and Logistics for the college and the community.
This the first time courses will be offered in this new division and will be cross-listed with Business courses. They will begin in spring 2017.
- IBUS 201
- Microsoft Project Management I
- IBUS 202
- Microsoft Project Management II
- IBUS 100
- Global Trade and Logistics I
Bay Area CITD hosted by Skyline College receives CA STEP funds
Administrator Maria Contreras-Sweet, the head of the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) and member of President Obama’s Cabinet, announced the grant award of $747,781 by the federal government to California Centers for International Trade Development (CITD) received to help increase exporting by small business.
Bay Area CITD was awarded $33,385 CA STEP grant funds to lead a trade mission to Hannover Messe 2016, the world’s largest industrial technology trade fair. This year, the United States was Germany’s official partner country to host Hannover Messe.
Bay Area CITD used grant funds to help 8 California small businesses participate as an Exhibitor in Hannover Germany. Each California business received 2500 each from Bay Area CITD. A reception, hosted by Bay Area CITD and the World Trade Center Los Angeles, was held for California companies that attended the trade fair.
With the U.S. Over 190,000 visitors came to give their companies a head start into the digital future.
Hosting CITD 2nd Global Summit in March, 2017
- Expanded Program Offering:
- Global Entrepreneurship program for students who will be trained in the skills needed to innovate, create and develop business plans, raise venture capital, and manage a global small business,
- Global Internship program that places students at businesses located at major hubs of global business, and CITD Global Trade Compliance and National Certificate Prep Workshops – Fee based non-credit professional development workshop and seminar series of international trade compliance related topics and exam preparatory courses for national certifications; 1 – 1 ½ hour sessions for local and national industry incumbent workers, hold workshops on a virtual classroom platform, taught by Industry subject matter experts to conduct instruction.
Article by Yvonne Reid. Photo by William Nacouzi