As Skyline College worked through the self evaluation process for accreditation, we completed a number of projects and initiatives to make sure that we implemented every standard at the highest level—sustainable continuous quality improvement. These changes yielded many resources that are very helpful as we do our work. Over the next five weeks we will highlight some of them and give you links so you can start using them now. First up is the Center for Transformative Teaching and Learning (http://skylinecttl.org/).
The Center for Transformative Teaching and Learning (CTTL)! As part of continuous improvement at the college, The CTTL was created as a hub of innovation and professional development where faculty, staff, and administrators can find resources and opportunities that will help them strengthen student learning, engagement, support, and success.
What’s Available at the Center:
• A series of regularly scheduled Workshops on How To’s, Best Practices, Trends in Education, and Professional Development opportunities.
• One-to-One assistance with WebAccess, use of Smart Classrooms, and other instructional software and technologies.
• A Critical Conversations Lounge where faculty can engage in discussions about teaching and learning while enjoying comfortable chairs, calm and beverages.
• A Lending Library containing current literature on teaching and learning.
• An Equipment Loan Program for faculty to try out new technologies and explore instructional utilizations.
• An online Video Library with short how to’s and copies of webinars and presentations affecting education.
• An experimental classroom, The Learning Space, where workshops are hosted and a place where faculty can come and experiment with classroom technology.
Visit the CTTL website at http://skylinecttl.org/ for information.
Article by Donna Bestock and Christine Roumbanis.