The District, in collaboration with the three college marketing offices, launched a comprehensive marketing campaign that will blanket San Mateo County mailboxes and computer screens over the next three months.
With the COVID-19 pandemic causing catastrophic economic damage and the resulting disruptions to education and employment, focused efforts are needed to reach out to our community on an unprecedented scale. The core of the campaign message is a reminder of who we are, what we do, and how long we’ve been doing it. In essence, that SMCCCD and its colleges are “Here for You.”
The campaign will deliver millions of “impressions” to San Mateo County residents throughout the summer. The campaign communication channels include:
- Direct Mail: A series of three different postcards mailed to 280,000 residential households each month through July.
- Food Box Inserts: Additional postcards inserted into food boxes for weekly Second Harvest food drives at CSM.
- Digital: Coordinated delivery of key messages each month that align with postcards using Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, YouTube, Spotify, and Google AdWords. (Pictured right)
- Web Landing Page: All channels will direct viewers to smccd.edu/hereforyou, a custom landing page that features an “Apply Now,” “Request for Information,” and Connect to College RSVP or video for each college.
The objectives of the campaign consist of the following:
- Build community by reminding San Mateo County we are here and we are with them through the current crisis.
- Remain top of mind (TOM) among San Mateo County residents as higher education plans and job situations change for many.
- Manage the district’s reputation and the reputation of the three colleges by demonstrating community partnership.
- Increase enrollment among the three colleges in the San Mateo County Community College District including Cañada College, College of San Mateo and Skyline College.